Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Distractions...

Two weeks ago I purchased everything needed to create my own website.  Granted, I graduated with a marketing degree, so I thought I would have enough creativity seeping throughout me to design a website.  Boy was I wrong!  Creating a website has as many highs and lows as watching the MN Twins.  If you are a Minnesotan, you know what I am talking about.  When I first started, I was so excited!  A website!  www.cindybluedesigns.com!  My own e-store!!!!!  Wow!!!

Now, I work on it for five minutes and I am like....Pinterest....wanna watch a movie...root canal???

I have discovered that running a small business from home has many challenges.  Let's point out the obvious...kids.  In my house they are named Natalie and Eli.  The latter, who loves to be naked and is learning to potty train.  Secondly, my husband.  Yes...he isn't demanding like a child, but he does have needs.  Like food, clean clothes, a semi-quiet house while he sleeps days/works nights...nothing too extravagant.  There are just so many temptations on top of work.  Such as, I should be doing another load of laundry, what about dinner, did I dust (wait, I never dust :), let's clip the dogs nails...you get the point.  Staying focused is my greatest task!!!!!

What is it, in your life, that you can relate to this?  I even have on my classic tunes, the house is quiet, I have a great cup of coffee...I am totally set up for success today.  So, why don't I feel success?  Focus, success, motivation...there is so much pressure for these things.  Not by society, by me.  I want CindyBlue Designs to be a success, to prove to the world that my mom is a fantastic artist and I know I have the drive to do that.  I just have to keep pushing my ass to get it to where I want it to.  That takes a lot of work, drive and a lot of time.

Some comfort for me today.  Perfection is not a goal, living my life to my greatest abilities is my goal.  I will leave you with this:

I can do this I know
I can make myself go
I can keep on through pain
I can work 'til I gain
I can weep but then smile
I can rest for a while
I can rise from defeat
I can retake my seat
I can overcome odds
I can pray to my God
I can win victories
I can use ALL OF ME!!!

Excerpt from Prayers on My Pillow by Celia Straus

No comments:

Post a Comment