Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas


These cold Minnesota days, cause me to crave the food heavy-laden with cheese and gooey-ness!  Introducing....Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas...the epitome of all things cheesy and gooey!

I want to put a disclaimer on my recipes.  I cook for comfort.  I cook for cravings.  My recipes contain meat.  They contain fat.  They contain butter and cheese.  They may even contain some whiskey.  I love to cook and even more, I love to eat what I cook!  This is not a place to find healthy or light recipes...possibly down the road when I am 10 pounds heavier and 10 years older :)

The origination for these enchiladas is actually Colorado.  Ross' uncle Paul made these for us when we visited him, back during our college days.  We loved them so much, they have been on our permanent menu rotation ever since!

Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas

Ingredients:
4 Chicken Breasts, Thawed and Boiled in Water

8 oz. Cream Cheese, Softened
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 Small Can Diced Green Chiles
1 Small Onion, Chopped and Sauteed in Butter
Cayenne Pepper, Salt, and Tobasco to Taste

5-7 Buritto Size Flour Tortillas
1 Pound Grated Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 Cup Liquid Whipping Cream

Once chicken has been fully cooked in boiling water, shred meat.  
I found a super easy way of doing this with your KitchenAid!  Pop it in the bowl and mix it up! 

In separate bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, green chiles, onion, and spices.  Add chicken.  Mix.

Take filling and spread down middle of tortilla.  Fold tortilla over, lay seam side down in 9x13 pan.  Repeat.  Sprinkle enchiladas with mozzarella and pour whipping cream over top.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until enchiladas are bubbly and browning on top.  

Serve with salsa.





No comments:

Post a Comment