Monday, September 23, 2013

DIY Monday: Homemade Spaghetti Sauce

Since I am getting a little "salsa-ed" out...80 jars will do that to you, I needed a recipe for all of my tomatoes.  Thankfully, my mom had a recipe for, Big Batch Tomato Sauce.  I thought, why not, and took the morning with my momma and made some spaghetti sauce!



Big Batch Tomato Sauce

3 Medium Onions-Sliced
3 Large Carrots-Grated
2 Medium Green Peppers-Chopped
2 Cloves Garlic-Minced
1/4 Cup Oil (olive or vegetable)

Cook until tender in a stock pot.

1 1/2 tsp Fresh Basil-Chopped
2 T Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
12 Pounds Tomatoes-Peeled and Chopped
1-12 Ounce Can Tomato Paste
1/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar

Add to vegetable mix.  Mix well.  Bring to boil.  Reduce heat to low.  Loosely cover pot and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.  Pour into sterile jars and can in a water bath for 15 minutes or you can freeze.

Makes roughly 9 pints.

All labels on the jars can be found at CindyBlue Designs! 

Another note...I am making the switch to Word Press!  My goal is to be up and running some time this week.  My new blog address will be:  www.stayinggroundedinfaith.com.  Bookmark it!  Follow it!  I cannot wait to continue this journey with you!!

Marianne

3 comments:

  1. I have to say this post was certainly informative and contains useful content for enthusiastic visitors. I will definitely bookmark this blog for future reference and further viewing. Thanks a bunch for sharing this with us!
    mens necklaces

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alex and you are very welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sure is a big batch! Love, love, love homemade sauce!

    ReplyDelete