Tuesday, September 10, 2013

10 Reasons...NOT to Forgive


  1. You like to feel bitter
  2. You feel as if you have the upper hand by not forgiving
  3. You are better off without them, right?
  4. You  don't mind the game of avoidance
  5. It's ok to unfriend people on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc 
  6. Jesus said Not to forgive (keep reading)
  7. Karma!
  8. You are teaching YOUR kids proper behavior
  9. Society doesn't forgive
  10. It makes YOU feel BETTER  



If you think any of these reasons are true, than don't forgive.  Remember this though...



"When your sins weigh heavily upon you, come to me.  Confess your wrongdoing, which I know all about before you say a word.  Stay in the Light of My Presence, receiving forgiveness, cleansing, and healing.  Remember that I have clothed you in My righteousness, so nothing can separate you from Me.  Whenever you stumble or fall, I am there to help you up.

Man's tendency is to hide from sin, seeking refuge in the darkness.  There he indulges in self-pity, denial, self-righteousness, blaming, and hatred.  But I am the Light of the word, and My illumination decimates the darkness.  Come close to me and let My light envelop you, driving out darkness and permeating you with Peace."

From Jesus Calling by Sarah Young






















When I look at the two silly faces above, I just have to think...what would Jesus do?  As cliche as that may sound.  I need to teach my kids to love and to forgive.  I talked once before about a bad experience we had with a church and it took a toll on our "church attendance."  I know what I believe and that Jesus is Lord.  I don't need anyone to tell me that.  I do need to remember that my actions reflect on so many more than just myself and I can not be selfish.  Forgiveness is key people.  The 10 points I listed above are NOT things you want to live with day-to-day.  Give it to Jesus.  Let it go.  Forgive.  I have.  It feels good.  It isn't easy and taking your time is ok.  

How do you forgive?  Can you relate?

Marianne

2 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing post. Really helped me in something that's going on in my life at the moment. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie,

    I am so glad my post could be helpful to you. I know how difficult life can be and if I can inspire or let one person know that it's ok....that is why I write! Have great day and I hope everything works out for you.

    BTW...You are welcome!

    ReplyDelete