Sunday, September 1, 2013

30 Day Challenge...Meal Planning

Who doesn't love a challenge?

Eli says...How about ice cream for dinner?
Last week as I was meandering through the grocery store, I realized something.  I have NO idea what I am going to make out of this food!  I am always prepared with a list, but my organization and preparation ends there.  Every night, it is the same thing.  What should we have for dinner?


Natalie says...Let's go out to eat!
 I mentioned the idea of a 30 day meal prep/plan challenge to my mom and her response was "people have been having this problem since the beginning of time."  I do believe she referenced cave men and dinosaur meat....

My problem is my husband works totally erratic hours and a lot of those are nights where he sleeps right through dinner, so it is just me and the kids.  We all know how well a six and three year old eat!  Mac and cheese, hot dogs, spaghetti, etc....but I want more for my family and I hope you want more for yours!

Homemade Pizza

















Now for the challenge!  The month of September, I am going to be challenging myself to plan out my meals EVERY Sunday night for the week (based on our schedule...and my cravings) and EVERY day I am going to post a picture of what I prepared for my family.  It doesn't have to be extravagant.  It doesn't have to be hard.  It could be mac and cheese.  It could be a month of crock pot meals.  It is the idea of taking the time each week and planning out what you are going to eat.  The goal is to make our lives a little bit easier!

Roasted Chicken





















Now seems like the perfect time!  Kids are going back to school.  Sports and practices are back.  Schedules are crazy.  Lets make life a little less crazy together.  Right now I am sharing the challenge and later today I will add my weekly meal schedule.

Fresh Veggies!





















I'm excited!  

Marianne

1 comment:

  1. Hey Marianne...good luck with your challenge. I have found that planning meals is such a stress relief for me because I hate that 5 o'clock feeling of what am I making for dinner and what am I using to make it. If I have a menu I don't have to think, I just have to make it :-) Then I also know what I need to shop for to fit my meal plan. I could never do an entire month at a time but I do like to do 1 or 2 weeks if I can so that I don't have to run to the store as often. Summer never works for meal planning for me, but the school year it is a HUGE help for me. Hope it is helpful to you! Oh yeah...we also do a lot of easy kid friendly meals when my hubby is working but then am able to throw in some more adult friendly meals the other nights when I have him to help encourage the kids to eat it. ~Kristina

    ReplyDelete