Friday, September 27, 2013

Lacking ?

When this week started I had great aspirations for it.  I was motivated and ready to conquer the five days I had ahead with no husband!

Today is Friday and I am lacking motivation and I am looking around my house thinking....what did I do all week?  I kept the kids alive.  That's what I did.  Natalie made it to school.  Eli made it to daycare.  We had dinner every week, even though it wasn't documented in my "week four of meal planning."  Oh well.  I shouldn't feel like a failure, but I do.  Isn't that crazy?  It is so easy to be disappointed in yourself and that is what I am facing today.

Disappointment.
Depression
Sadness
No motivation, drive, or care for anything but a nap!

Sitting at the kitchen table with my cup of coffee, I felt the sudden urge that I needed some Jesus.  I opened up my devotional to today's date and this is the title...

God Knows What He's Doing

Reallly....could this be any more clear for me today!  Thank you Jesus.  Thank you for the reminder that you are in control and I am not.  Thank you for reminding me to trust you and it is ok because

"God is God.  He knows what he is doing.  When you can't trace his hand, trust his heart."  Amen to that.  Thank you Max Lucado!  Trust.  Trust in Jesus.



Goodbye to the disappointment, depression, and sadness.  I may still take the nap though!

Marianne

No comments:

Post a Comment