Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day 3: Creamy Macaroni and BBQ Meatballs

Day number 3 in September, also happens to be the first day back to school!  To celebrate this glorious day for all stay at home moms everywhere, I made homemade macaroni and cheese, barbecue meatballs and mixed veggies.

We also ate at 4:30, because Natalie was so hungry!


I have had some requests for my mac and cheese recipe and am happy to share this with you!

Super Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
8 ounces dried pasta...we like to use twirly noodles
2-4 tablespoons butter
2-4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
black pepper
2 cups milk
3 cups cheese...I use a mixture of 2 cups Velveeta, 1/2 cup shredded cheddar and 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (if you want it super creamy toss in some provolone)!

Cook pasta in salted water.

While pasta is cooking, start your white sauce.  I recommend cooking this in a larger pot because you will be adding the noodles.  Melt butter, once melted add equal parts flour and whisk together until it is a paste like consistency.  Add more flour if needed.  Dash of pepper to taste.  Add milk all at once.  Whisk together and keep whisking until boiling.  Mixture should start to thicken.  

Add cheeses.  Stir until melted.  My cheese mixture tends to get "goopy" so I add a little milk as needed and I whisk that in.  A whisk seems to work better than a wooden spoon.

Drain noodles and add to cheese mixture.  I don't add all the noodles. I add about half and mix it up and then add some more.  We like our mac and cheese super cheesy!

That is it!  No oven needed!  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment