Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Perfect Tree






The day had arrived!  It was time for our annual trip to Rudolph's Tree Farm.  Luckily, it wasn't too cold out, so we loaded up the truck and headed out to find the "perfect tree!"  In my husbands mind, he thinks like the Griswolds', in National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.  Does the perfect tree exist?  When I think Christmas trees, I think the tree from Charlie Brown Christmas is perfect!  I grew up with a fake tree, so switching over to a real tree when we got married was a bit of a compromise.  I have to admit, now I can't imagine not having the smell of fresh pine spread throughout my house!


The "scope out" begins...

Which tree should we pick?

Eli thinks this one!


Too Small...Let's Keep Looking Kids!













As you can see, the perfect tree was finally acquired and cut!
She really wasn't the "perfect" tree, there are some large gaps between branches and she is missing some branches at the top, but that is why I feel in love with it!  I have a heart for broken things.  Things that need a home.  That is why we got our dog from a shelter.  She needed us...just like this tree!  Check out the final product below...400 lights and lots of ornaments later, our tree is...Perfect!

















No comments:

Post a Comment