Monday, July 29, 2013

DIY Monday: Liquid Laundry Soap

The one thing I have learned about being a stay at home mom is living with a sense of frugality.  That is why I enjoy DIY so much!  Not to mention...it's fun!

Laundry soap is expensive!  Can I get an AMEN!?!  Plus, my kids have sensitive skin, so I started to make my own laundry soap two years ago, so I could control what was going to touch their bodies.  The Frugal Girls website has a TON of great "how to" websites for DIY.

Liquid Laundry Soap


You Will Need:
1/2 Cup Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda...I have seen it at Wal-Mart, Fleet Farm, Cub Foods
1/2 Cup Borax
1/3 Bar of Fels-Naptha Soap...Also found at Wal-Mart in the laundry aisle, Fleet Farm
Empty plastic containers to store detergent (I use juice containers or laundry detergent containers)

The Nitty Gritty:
Grate the soap (I use the food processor...much easier :) pour into large saucepan
Add 6 cups of warm water
Add washing soda and Borax
Stir until completely dissolved
Remove from heat, set aside

Pour 4 cups HOT water into bucket and add soap mix
Stir and add 1 gallon PLUS 6 cups of water
Stir again

Transfer to lidded, plastic containers.  Let set up to 24 hours.  Shake well before each use.  Detergent will be lumpy and thick!

Trust me!  This stuff is super easy to make, inexpensive, and you will LOVE it!  Let me know what you think!

Get Cleaning Friends!
Marianne


Here is a link to the liquid laundry soap courtesy of The Frugal Girls!



No comments:

Post a Comment