Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I Think...No...I Know...This IS Bad!

I woke up this morning, thinking,

  • what a beautiful day!
  • what a sexy husband I do have!
  • man, am I blessed with two fabulous kids!
No!  In all seriousness, I woke up thinking, I need something good to blog about!!!!  Cue Natalie!  I hadn't even had my first cup of coffee (let alone a sip) and she starts to itch.  Oh crap!  At first I thought mosquito bites?  We do live in Minnesota.  Land of the North Woods.  After further inspection of her hairline, OH CRAP!!!!  Our first experience with....drumroll...head lice! 

Not Amused


I wanted to die.  THIS IS BAD!  How in the hell did she get head lice?  We don't go anywhere.  We barely socialize, unless by force.  Her best friend is her brother. She isn't in school or in daycare.  I am a stay at home mom for heavens sake!  A Type A, stay at home mom by the way.  I truly thought head lice would be the death of me.  In all actuality, I lived through it and this is how.
My sexy husband is AMAZING!  He works nights, so the fact that he was up to help with all of this mess, was a gigantic help.  Why?  Not only did Natalie have lice.  Eli had it and so did I.  Gross.  Disgusting.  I wanted to shave my head.  Ick.  That about sums up how I felt about these little parasites crawling around through my thick, luscious, red, hair.

Not Happy!

Get it Over with Already!
 
After I tended to Natalie and Eli, Ross stood behind me for an hour and a half, and combed through my thick, medium length hair, to get all the eggs out.  Rockstar!

My two kids are AMAZING!  Not only did they sit and endure the more than one comb through, each kid helped bag up toys and bring laundry downstairs.  We are definitely doing something right with those two!!!!

Those are the two reasons why I survived head lice.  We made it through the first day.  The little bastards are dying and falling out of Natalie's hair as I type this.  Tomorrow is a new day and I hope we never have to go through this experience again.  If we do, I am prepared!  I have an amazing husband and kids, who always have my back...my side...my front....they are my support system!  

Head lice...bite me.

No comments:

Post a Comment