Monday, April 8, 2013

Up a Creek Without a Paddle...

Four weeks ago I injured my back.  The super-mom I am, or was trying to be, I had my arms full and was walking to the house, when I slipped on some ice.  I managed not to fall...WHEW...remember, I am Super-Mom!!!, but I twisted my back in such a way, that I have been laid up ever since.  Not so super...it really just sucks.  I feel like I am literally up a creek without a paddle.

I am averaging two chiropractor visits a week and relying on my husband to run the house and take care of the kids.  Not such a big deal you say?  Maybe not for you...BUT, I am a stay at home mom with a Type A personality.  I have a hard time watching him fill the dishwasher or sort laundry, let alone make my daughters lunch and give my son a bath!!!!  Don't get me wrong, I feel so blessed to have him around to help me when he can and I have learned to let go of some control (some), but it is hard to sit and watch the world go by while you catch up on Grey's Anatomy on the couch sitting on a ice pack.

The silver lining from this injury would be the extra down time with my kids.  I have been able to stop and listen to Natalie read.  I have been able to sit and do a puzzle with Eli.  I may not be able to do the laundry but I can fold it!  I have been able to catch up on the mundane computer updates for CindyBlue  Designs.  Yes, I complain.  Who wouldn't?  I have two young kids and I want to play around with them, chase them, go outside and enjoy the spring weather.  I need to thank God that I am overall healthy, I have a husband who has a night-job and is able to care for me during the day and kids who love me unconditionally.

I may be up that creek without a paddle, but I am learning to put my feet over the side, let my toes dip in the cool water, and take it day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment