Monday, March 11, 2013

Raising A Boy

This is a topic that I never thought I would have enough information to talk about, let alone put down for others to read.  Was I wrong!

Let me introduce you to my son, Eli...He is 2 1/2 and a spitfire!


A true mommas boy, who tests every boundary.  Some examples...

We painted our living room, dining room, and stairwell.  Not even one week later, he took a marker and colored in three different spots.  Luckily, it was washable!

Today, while I was siting at the table watching him, he took a marker and wrote on the couch.  Again, it was washable!  We took all markers away from him...just so you know :)

He tries to take his sisters hat off by biting it off with his teeth, he licks the dog, he turns the water off to the toilet, he takes the discs out of the DVD cases...the list goes on and on.  I haven't even mentioned the furniture he jumps off of.

All of these crazy episodes that make up my day to day are the reasons I love him.  He tests the water, not with a toe...with his whole foot.  He crosses the boundary line, not with one foot...with his entire body.  He makes me laugh, some days I cry.  I am so grateful for the blessings I have in my two kids.  They can lighten any mood and make any situation better.  Look at that face...how could you resist that?


No comments:

Post a Comment