Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Craft Fair Preparations and Everything Else

As you all know, CindyBlue Designs has been accepted into two craft shows so far this season.  The second acceptance coming two weeks ago, with only a month to prepare.  This being my first actual outdoor craft fair, I don't believe my mind has stopped thinking "craft fair ideas" for the last two weeks.  Finally, my husband said, "you just need to decide what you want."  Easier said than done for this woman!

The merchandise piece has been locked down...I have been printing and cutting mason jar labels and working on packaging, my dad has been building recipe boxes and napkin holders, and my mom has been designing new faces for the napkin holders and putting all of those together.  We are a team, but it is now May 1st and we have 17 DAYS until the sale!

Now I need to think creative display.  Your display is a huge part of getting people to come to your booth.  Luckily my mom has a ton of cute, farm-chic, antique items at her house that I have rounded up for my display.  The business cards have been ordered.  I have printed off about 10 different styles of booth ideas to reference and now I am trying to determine...banner or no banner?  Did I mention that I need to figure out the best way to display greeting cards?  So much to do, so little time.  Whew!!!!!

On a completely different note, Natalie has her first loose tooth!  We are so excited.  She cannot stop wiggling!  Pics to come!!!!!

Last weekend we had a garage sale at our sale.  It was hugely successful!  Considering that the sun was finally shining, people wanted to get out and go shopping!  The money we made is being allocated to spring projects and "unfinished business."  For example, the banister that sits on the stairs missing pieces that my cousin Sara calls "unsightly!"  Looking forward to getting the banister finished, the painting done, and the grass seed laid.  Now if the snow would quit falling.  Really?  One day it is 77 degrees and today it is snowing.  I can't catch a break!

How Eli feels about the cold....


During our garage sale weekend, we were fortunate enough to have a couple house guests.  My sister Grace and her puppy Eclipse stayed the night here.  The kids love her dog!  It was so much fun to get to visit and spend some time with her and the kids love their Wee-Wee!!!!
Eclipse

No comments:

Post a Comment