Saturday, May 18, 2013

Slightly Discouraged, Depressed, and Duh?

Today was CindyBlue Designs first craft sale.  I honestly wanted to be able to tell you that it went AWESOME....but, it didn't.  I was up at 5:30 to the sound of...what's that???? say it ain't so???? raindrops! thunder! lightning! oh crap!  Not only did I have to change my outfit choice...GASP!!!, we had to move all of our stuff from the back of the truck into the cab.  Paper products DO NOT fare well in the rain.  Back to the outfit, the best part about having to change my jeans choice?  I got to wear my new Coach rain boots!  I really am not that shallow....I just love shoes!!!!

Next, we get halfway to Eden Prairie and Ross says, "I see you have a Thermos of coffee and a cup for yourself, um, where's mine?"  Oh crap.  I forgot a cup for him.  Not that big of a deal, except he worked until 2:00 a.m. and then came home and went to the craft sale with me.  He really is super!

We get to Eden Prairie and it is a Tsunami!!!!  Absolute downpour!  It is 7:30, right on time but there is no way we could get out and start to set up our tent in lightning.  What to do?  We went to Caribou.

By the time we got back, the rain had not let up, so we sat in the truck until 8:30.  We held out as long as possible.  The sale started at 9:00 and we knew we needed at least 30 minutes to set up the tent and haul everything to our booth to get the merchandise in place.  Slightly panicked, but we made it happen.  Super Benzen duo....I only got hit in the head once by something!  Not too bad of a start!

THEN....we got checked in, only to find out??????  The sale was delayed until 11:00 a.m. because of weather.  Are you kidding me????  I am not feeling very good about this whole craft sale thing.  What do we do?  We took a REALLY long time setting up our stuff.  I don't know how many times I straightened the table cloths or organized the cards.  It was a great learning experience watching other crafters set up and see their booth designs.  Ross and I got a ton of ideas for our next sale and look forward to that.

Now where does the slightly discouraged, depressed, and duh come in????  The sale was not well attended.  We paid $55 to do the sale plus gas and a day away from my kids and I made....drum roll....$23 bucks.  Wah Wah.  Pathetic.  With the delay, bad weather, and extremely soggy ground, we just didn't have a lot of customers.  Let alone, any who were buying.  We sold two things.  We got in the truck to leave and all I could do was cry.  My mom, dad, and myself put so much time into this sale and were so optimistic.  We have so much to show for our hard work and I feel so under appreciated in sales and support from my family.  No one came to support us.  I sent out over 50 postcards, advertising on Facebook, my blog, Twitter, emails, locally....no support.  That is the duh part that makes me feel down.  Family is supposed to be there for you and I have done nothing short of beg.

I will tell you this.  I may feel these three D's today.  I may be having my pity party right now.  I will not give up.  I am going to make this company succeed and I am going to put my whole heart into it until it does, with or without the support of close family and friends.  I can do this because I have faith in my mom.  I have always known she had talent and I am her number one fan.  I am going to show that talent to the world....one town at a time.  Look out...CindyBlue Designs is on the move!!!!

P.S. I want to give a huge shout out of thanks and appreciation to my in-laws and sister in-law for taking such fabulous care of my babes.  They had the most fantastic time at the sleepover, playing outside, taking a bath, going to the playground, and messing up your house!!!  Thank you so much!  This wouldn't be possible without the help of you, loving on them.  I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Noooo!!!! I hate to hear that! I was thinking about you (and the weather! Ugh!) all day on Saturday. Well...don't give up! Remember that even Steve Jobs got fired from Apple 5 times!!! (ok, not really sure how that relates to your situation other than to motivate you to not give up!) love you!

    ReplyDelete