Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Start of Our Summer Bucket List

Last month, I started a summer bucket list.  Yes...In April, I was creating a huge list of things I wanted to do with my kids in June!  Why?  Winter would not end!!!!  I was hoping that my optimism for summer would make it quit snowing and the sun would shine brighter, longer, and warmer.

Our First Summer Bucket List...2013 Style


Now it is Thursday and it is Natalie's last day of Kindergarten...tear!  I am kinda sad.  I cannot believe how fast her first year of school has gone and that she is now a first grader.  Wow!!!!  She has grown so much socially and emotionally.  No longer my little girl, she is turning into a little person who knows how to stand up for herself, she knows what she wants, and she will tell you no when she does not!!!  I am enjoying watching her interact with her brother as a sister who cares..."what do you need, what do you want to play, are those your cars?"  The fighting gets a little old though, but she is turning into a little provider who loves to read!!

Now, the bucket list...

The kids and I are trying to accomplish quite a few summer "tasks" that we have never done before.  My husband works a very fluctuating schedule, so we want to stay busy while staying creative!  If you look closely, some examples of this are:


  • Have a backyard/neighborhood treasure hunt
  • Read 50 books from the library
  • Make ice cream out of a tin can
  • Break matchbox cars out of a giant cube of ice
  • Driveway painting
  • Host a carwash for grandparents
  • Make our own melted crayon candle
These are just a few highlighted items we are shooting for this summer!  Our goal...all of them!!!  Tomorrow, Friday, May 31st we are going to Tie Dye shirts and have a backyard/neighborhood treasure hunt!  Pics to come!!  Tonight, to celebrate the end of school, we are having ice cream BEFORE supper and then a pizza party at my parents!!!!

What are your plans this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment