Monday, June 3, 2013

What's a Diet?

As I am sitting here eating my 11.4 oz bag of peanut butter M&M's, I notice the bag is 3/4 of the way gone.  Good Lord!!!  Did I really eat all of those?  I sure hope my husband took some with him to work tonight.  We can be chunky together!

I always knew that I was never going to be the tall and lanky type like my mom, my aunt, or my sister.  I have the Blue genes (get it??  Blue genes???!!!! Lame?  Too much?)  I have the build of my dad's side of the family.  Shorter, a little beefier and rounder, but I missed out on the asset of boobs.  Bummer.  I got the ass though...yay!  Let me tell you...I worked hard for it too.  I had to do a lot of squats with my colicky baby to earn these cheeks!

Now a diet.  There are so many people around me, close to me, taking part in diets and "mad crazy" exercise routines.  My cousin Sara is nuts and I believe my other cousin referred to herself as a "gym rat."  Now, I'm not hating.  I'm just PMS'ing.  I even tried the diet and exercise thing...for 9 days!  I was so good at it too.  I ate no sugar, I was eating sprouts and making smoothies!  Shit...I even bought protein powder (I used it once, it tasted gross.  Anyone want it?).  Diets are not for me!  I found this pin on Pinterest and it sums me up perfectly...

http://i.imgur.com/NCTe4.jpg

Ross always laughs at me, because I am so hard core in the beginning.  Since we have been married, we have owned multiple workout DVD's, hand weights, ankle weights, a stepper, an elliptical, a stationary bike stand (to make your mountain bike usable indoors), a jump rope, a kettle bell, and I think that is it.  Go ahead and laugh.  I am laughing with you, because I am insane!!!!  You know what my problem is?  I love too much.  I love...


  • pizza
  • chocolate
  • coffee
  • ice cream
  • chocolate
  • coffee
  • chocolate
  • chips
  • hot dogs
  • cup cakes
  • coffee
  • and more chocolate and coffee and chocolate and coffee and chocolate........
I love everything that is bad for you and I need to come to terms with the fact that my kids are my exercise routine.  I was the skinniest and healthiest I have ever been when I was chasing around Natalie as a two year old.  I am older now.  I know that I am not perfect and I love me for who I am.  I am ok with that.  I am ok with people who want to be fit.  I want to eat.  I love to cook and I love to eat.  I love how I look and I love how my husband looks at me.  I know that I am beautiful because of him and because of my kids.  I don't need a jeans size to tell me I am beautiful.  God made me.  How could I be ugly?


No comments:

Post a Comment