Monday, November 25, 2013

Thankfulness Times 30!!!

There are 30 days in November and since November also carries the holiday of Thanksgiving and massive gluttony, I thought I would write about the thirty things that I am most thankful for.  I am going for the non-traditional here.  Let's start with the basics and move on from there.  I am thankful for:

1. My husband of 8 years.  My marriage.  The need I feel for him still after 13 years together.  Without him I am nothing.  He is my rock, my paper, and my scissors.


2.  My kids.  I always wanted kids.  I have been blessed with the two most loving and accepting kids. They love me through my mean-mommy days and they love me through my best days.  They make me want to have more good days than bad.  I never thought I could love anyone so much, and then I had TWO kids.  They amaze me.




3.  My dog, Cinder.  We rescued her a year ago from a shelter and she has been a part of this family ever since.  We are not the Benzens without her.  Cinder has turned my husband into a dog lover, so much so, we had our Christmas pictures taken with her.  She completes our entire family.  The acceptance of a dog is like nothing I have ever seen.  She knows when I need a snuggle and she knows when to get out of my way.  Mostly, I just want to snuggle her.





4.  Candy Crush.  Hell to the Yeah.

5.  A good book.  I am on the third Hunger Games book and I don't get a ton of time to read, so when I can't put it down...you know it is fabulous!  I love to read.  I love books.  The smell, the sound they make when you open them, the turning of pages.  So thankful for books.

6.  Magazines.  I subscribe to six or seven magazines.  Some for me, some for the kids, some for the business.  Yes, I have an iPad, but there is something about the tangible.  I love that.  I love the simple things still.  A magazine, writing a letter to my grandma, putting in a disc in the DVD player....consider me old school 32.



7.  My home.  We live in an older, stucco home and she is SOLID.  I generate safety from my house and "she" truly is a home.



8.  Mr. and Mrs. Darwin Nelson.  They started out as teachers back in High School, but I can honestly say that they are truly friends.  Friends that the kids consider "GandG Nelson."  Friends that I can call on when I have a question about business or life.  They are friends, but more so, they are family.  We love them.  So thankful for the Nelsons.  So thankful.

9.  Snow!  I love winter, I love the snow...but I hate to be cold.  Let me repeat this...I HATE to be cold!  I LOVE the snow though!  It is so beautiful.  One of the true gifts from God.



10.  My brother and sister.  Older and Younger and I am stuck in the Middle.  I have learned so much from both of them.  Very thankful for my siblings.



11.  Chocolate and Coffee and Carbs and Chips and Ice Cream...I am so thankful for FOOD!  I love to eat!



12.  Thankful for the passion to cook and being blessed with the ability to be fairly good at it.  There is no greater joy than providing for your family through food....andy my bestest friend Josh....

13.  I am a stay at home mom.  Everyday I get to do what I love.

14.  My husband has two jobs.  One full time and one part time and I guess you could consider the on-call one too!  Blessed and thankful for employment!



15.  HALF WAY!

16.  Technology.  I love TV, Movies, my computer, iPad, the kids Leap Pads...I know when to turn it off, but it is so nice to have.

17.  Heat.  This time of year it is the little things to be truly thankful for.  My family has so much when others have so little.  I am thankful for never being cold or hungry.

18.  Finances.  My husband and I have finally gotten a "strong-hold" over our finances over 8 years of marriage.  No better feeling.  No credit card debt and the truck is almost paid off.  To finally have control is an amazing feeling.  It took a change in attitude, but I am so thankful that we are finally there and we did it together!

19.  My mom and dad.  What would life be like without my mom and dad?  So boring.  We have weekly meals together, they are so amazingly awesome to my kids and they have never questioned it when we needed help.  My mom and dad are such a gift to my family and they bring us all absolute joy.  Trust me, never a dull moment when we are all together!





20.  Reliable vehicles.

21.  Having a husband who is blessed with the gift of song.  He is so amazingly talented and I am thankful that every day I get to hear that gift.  You are missing out if you haven't heard him sing.  I am very biased :)



22.  A college education.  Yes, I am a stay at home mom, but my time at Bethel has and never will be wasted.  I have a love for learning that can never be extinguished.

23.  My in-laws.  Always accepting and loving to myself and my family.



24.  Faith.  I have a faith in God that will not waver, no matter what the circumstances.

25.  Friends.  True friends that have stuck by me through everything.  I am very guarded and choosy with who I let in my life, so to have this select few that has stuck with me, by my side...is such an amazing gift.





26.  CindyBlue Designs.  What would I do without my small business?

27.  My grandma.  There is nothing I can say that I have not already said about her.  Such a truly fantastic woman, with undeniable class and grace.




28.  My grandpa.  He was taken too soon, but the memories I have of him live inside.  So thankful for the memories.

29.  Rainy Lake.   Where the memories start and where the memories will end.



30.  Passion.  Passion for photography.  Passion for love.  Passion for everything I do.  Passion that gets me through.

Marianne

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written!! Just like you:) I'm so thankful and blessed to have you in my life...even when I don't get to see you nearly as much as I would like to, I know that you are a great friend and will always be, no matter what life stage we are in, or where life may take us:)

    ReplyDelete