Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Holidays=Drinking

Why is it, the holidays make me want to drink?  In excess?

Good question?  It must be, since it is past my bedtime and that is what I am pondering at this late hour of 9:14 p.m.

It's interesting.  What you say?  The holidays.  I love Christmas.  I love the movies, the baking, the time with my kids, the snow, and the magical feeling that comes along with it.  I don't really care for the hustle and bustle though.  Thanksgiving  is ok.  Halloween is for the kids.  I picture the meme of Santa saying, "Calm the F*$@! Down.  It's Only October!"  Well, now it is November and in a couple of days, it will be December.

Don't take this rambling the wrong way.  My immediate family is a sweet side of fabulous, but when you put us all together...cue the dysfunction.  As with any family, there are topics you CANNOT talk about...politics for sure (half are democrats, the other half republicans), gun control, stay away from religion, family "hot" topics.  What does that leave?  The kids in college with their vicarious experiences, stories about the children, the WEATHER, business, latest "fad" movies, the cousin who loves to talk about herself....

I am sure some of you will read this and think that we aren't that bad, my family will take offense and have feelings hurt.  Well, I have news for you.  This isn't your blog :)!

Let me put it this way.  My mom and my favorite movie to watch before Thanksgiving is "Home for the Holidays."

Have you seen it?  If not, you need to!  Now this movie is Robert Downey Jr. PRE-PRE-PRE Iron Man trilogy.  Mom and I tend to pick out which character in the movie symbolizes us. My favorite is the old aunt with the fruit loops necklace.

So, here I am on the Eve of Thanksgiving Eve with no fingernails (I chewed them off) and dreaming of my bottle of whipped cream Vodka
and being tipsy by noon!  It's the best way to bake you know...half in the bag :)

While the children are coloring turkeys, I will be sipping Creamsicles and thinking that in a mere 28 days it will all be over!

Happy Thanksgiving, from my family to yours!

P.S.  To all you mommas....here is my recipe for Creamsicles....

All you need is:

Ice
Whipped Cream Vodka
Sprite or Sierra Mist
Orange Juice

I do 1/3 of each beverage.  Mix it to your specific tastes.  Trust me, you can't even taste the vodka.  This is a great party drink.  Enjoy!

1 comment: